Thursday, July 28, 2011

COMING & GOING - Governor's Press Secretary off to law school; another second generation addition to statehouse press corps

Yesterday, vermontpressconnections met Eli Sherman, the son of Bob Sherman, former Vermont journalist and currently a partner with KSE Partners, a Montpelier lobbying firm. An intern reporter for Vermont Digger, he was covering Gov. Peter Shumlin's press conference. They may have been there, but we didn't see any reporters from WCAX - if so that may explain why there's an ad in the paper for a general assignment reporter at the South Burlington TV station.

This morning, we received a note from former WCAX reporter and current gubernatorial press secretary Bianca Slota:

Dear colleagues, friends, members of the media, and more:

As many of you already know, I am leaving my position in the Governor’s Office to start a new adventure in law school. Tomorrow – Friday July 29th – will be my final day at work.

Sue Allen will handle all press-related matters from here on out. You can reach her at susan.allen@state.vt.us  And Ari Wengroff will be taking over my social media and web responsibilities. You can reach her at ariel.wengroff@state.vt.us  You can reach them both by phone at 802-828-3333.

While it has been brief, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in this position. Being on the “inside” gives you a whole new perspective on things and I have learned so much. Plus, I get to work with amazing people every day.

I will be in Vermont through the weekend but will pack up my things early next week and head to Connecticut. I don’t know if I’ll return to Vermont to live and work but I will certainly come back to play! If you wish to keep in touch my personal email is biancaslota@gmail.com

So long for now,

Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment